Did you know? “Each one of us will give his/her personal account to God (Romans 14: 12)”
When you are set free by Jesus Christ; indeed you will be free, and your deepest desire will be nothing else than seeking to serve God no matter what!
As human being, youth, manly young adult we faced so many challenges in terms of temptations. As we grow up, our body and physical needs become our biggest challenges toward holiness. If not cupidity, sex envies, arrogance, lack of love/compassion, jealousy etc.
Today’s blog is just a personal reflection on topics I had during my spiritual practices and meditations. I have come to understand that: Yes! We are in this world (Full of wonders and all good things, full of evils and challenges) yet we are not of this world.
In John 8: 23, Jesus Christ said “you are from below; I am from the above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins”. However despite the fact that Jesus had referred to the world as “sins and darkness”; he said in John 8: 12, that “I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life”. It is clear that Jesus Christ is not telling us ways to be forgiven our sins, but more than that, ways to live out of sins; ways to not be slaves of sins.
Galatians 5: 16; “so I say, walk by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the spirit; and the spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want”.
Walking by the spirit is a proof of being really set FREE. Whether conscious or unconscious; know this:
- Know you have been set free from harmful desires and foolish ways to get rich. When you understand that the greatest richness we ever have is faith, not money! Because we brought nothing into the world, and we will take nothing out of it. Let be grateful for the food and clothing we gain graciously(1 Timothy 6: 6-8).
- Know you have been set free from fornication and debauchery. When you flee from sexual immorality because you understood that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and that it was bought at a price (1 Corinthians 6:18).
- Know you have been set free from arrogance and selfishness. When you understand that the little/much things you have or have not; all your perfections and mistakes, are God’s ones and have to be used for his glory (1 Peter 5: 10).
- Know you have been set free from self-pride. When you understand that, the goodness of your heart, the greatest of you testimonies are just tools that God has equipped you with as his own ambassadors for the progress of his mission (1 Peter 1: 8).
- You are set free from hate/lack of love. When you do to others as you would love them done to you. Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. When you give to everyone who asks, and do not demand back what has been stolen from you (Luke 6: 27-34). Knowing that only God can reward you.
In conclusion, there is NOTHING new on hearth and never will be! What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new which one can say, « look! This is something new”, it was here already, long ago; it was here before our time (Ecclesiates 1: 9-10). The most important thing is seeking for God’s kingdom and his righteousness. For the Bible says in the book of John 8 :32 « Then you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free ! ». Once you have been truly set FREE; you will firmly understand that; “since Jesus Christ suffered in his body, we should arm ourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. As a result, you will not live the rest of your earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God (1 Peter 4: 1-2). Amen!